This is the configurator. It is how you set the options for how RoR looks and how it plays. It is also how you access multiplayer servers.
- Render System - The rendering system to use. Either D3D9 or OpenGL on Windows, or just OpenGL on Linux/Mac.
- FSAA - The amount of full screen antialiasing you want.
- Full Screen - The window type you want, either Full Screen or Windowed.
- Rendering Device (Windows)/RTT Mode (Linux)/??? (Mac)
- VSync - Turns on vertical synchronization.
- Video Mode - The resolution you want to play RoR at. Custom resolutions can be specified in ogre.cfg, but note that the truck HUD will not scale properly.
- Texture Filtering - The type of filtering to do on textures.
- Sky Type - Type of horizon/sky to use. Sandstorm is essentially no sky while Caelum has a sky and sun with clouds and artificial time.
- Shadow Type - The shadow technique to use.
- Sightrange - How far to draw objects.
- Shadow Performance Optimization - Disables vehicle shadows when in first person view.
- Water type - What water rendering technique to use.
- Enable Waves - Exactly what it says.
- Vegetation - The level of vegetation on supported maps.
- Enable Particle Systems - Show particles, like dust, smoke and water splashes.
- Mirrors - Enable mirrors inside vehicles.
- HDR - Enable High Dynamic Range Lighting.
- High quality reflective effects - Enable reflections on vehicles that support it.
- DOF - Enable depth of field effect.
- Screenshot Format - What format to save screenshots in.
- Language - Language to use.
- Default Gearbox Mode - Default mode for gearbox on cars.
- FOV External - Field of View for external cameras.
- FOV Internal - Field of View for internal cameras.
- Disable Camera Pitching - Disables external camera pitching.
- User Token - User token for Multiplayer.
- disable creak sound - Disables creaking sound.
- Sound Device - What device to drive for sounds.
- Thread number - How many threads RoR can use.
- Light Source effects - What lights can illuminate objects.
- Regen Cache - Regenerates Cache.
- Clear Cache - Clears Cache.
- Replay Mode - Enable replay mode.
- Enable Position Storage - Enable position storage.
- Hydrax Water System - Experimental high quality water effects. Windows only!
- Disable Overview Map - For experimenting only!
- Ingame Console - Enables scripting console ingame.
- Debug Truck Mass - Output mass of every node of a truck in RoR.log
- Advanced Logging - Fancy HTML logs for objects, terrains and trucks.
- Beam Break Debug - Logs beam info to log when beam breaks.
- Beam Deform Debug - Logs beam info to log when beam deforms.
- Debug VideoCameras - Adds virtual camera mesh to help position the camera correctly.
- Debug EnvironmentMapping / Chrome - Displays unwraped cube of what is used for reflections on vehicles.
- Trigger Debug - Enables Trigger debug messages.
- Debug Collision Meshes - Shows collision meshes to help position them correctly.
- Enable Depth of Field Debug - Shows DOF debug display.
- Disable Crash reporting - Disables crash handling system.
- Input Grabbing - How the mouse will be detected.
- Preselected Map - Map selected at startup.
- Preselected Truck - Truck selected at startup.
This currently doesn't work. Please edit input.map manually.
- See also: Beginner's Guide to Multiplayer
- Enable network mode - Force RoR to attempt a connection when started.
- Nickname - The name that appears to other users on the same server. Note that duplicate nicknames are not allowed.
- Server list - Public list of servers from the server list. Only servers supported by the latest release are listed.
- Server host name - Hostname or IP address of the server you are connecting to.
- Server port number - The TCP port of the server.
- Server password - Only needed if the specified server is protected.
Gives information about versions, with a link to update if available.
Shows detailed information about the version, build date, ect. Also shows credits and used libraries.